Financing and Legal Aspects of Small Business
Date: Oct. 16th, 2013
Time: 4 pm-6 pm
Location: Santa Clara County Fairground
Address: 3344 Tully Road, San Jose
Language: Mandarin Chinese
Contact Phone#: 650-204-1999
3:30-4:00 pm Registration & Networking
4:00-5:00 pm Legal Aspects of Small Business
- How entrepreneur can avoid eight legal risks?
- How to optimize organization’s legal structure?
- Prevent and respond to labor litigation
- Write commercial contract, recover defaulted debt
- Protection of intellectual property rights
- How to use trust and LLC to protect and inherit business assets
5:00-6:00 pm Financial Aspects of Small Business
- What are the ways to obtain funding for your small business?
- How many kinds of small business loans are there?
- What kinds of clients and types of business are more likely get loans from banks?
- What is an SBA loan?
- How do you establish an effective relationship with the bank to maximize the benefits for you and your small business?
6:00-8:00PM Festiv’ALL 2013
- Celebrate our diversity and connectedness – the only event of the year that brings together a potent combination and significant number of multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, business-oriented organizations from all around the region.
About the speakers:
Mr. Wing Lam is Vice President and Branch Management of Wells Fargo Bank. He used to work in high tech and start-up companies, and therefore he understands well how businesses are keen for funding and good services from bank. Mr. Lam is now the Branch Manager in Fremont, the branch with largest scale of commercial loan in Silicon Valley for Wells Fargo. He is very seasoned banker who has a great deal of experiences to help small business.
Mr. James Cai is the founder of Schein & Cai, LLP in San Jose. Before founding Schein & Cai LLP, Mr. Cai served as in-house counsel for Yahoo! Inc. He also practiced law with Morrison & Foerster LLP and Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich LLP (now known as DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary), two of the largest law firms in California. Mr. Cai holds a Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, from Temple University School of Law in Philadelphia, graduating in the top 5% of his class.